Sunday, May 28, 2006

The Indy 500

So, Indy is today. It's still a spectacle, and it has gotten better the last few years. Personally, I pretty much stopped following it after the CART/IRL split. It's got juice again now, though thanks to some talented, young and fast drivers. Throw in the Danica factor and you have a nice event again.

I don't know how much of the race I'll catch live (I'll TiVo, for sure), but I do plan on watching. If anything remarkable happens that I have an opinion on, you'll find it here later tonight.

As for web coverage, you've got ESPN doing its thing, FastMachines will likely be updating throughout the race, and there's always IndyCar.com and the official Indy site.

And then there's Jalopnik's Ray Wert and Mike Austin covering it Gonzo style.

One of these things is not like the others...and I'm reading it.