Live From The Auto Show
Ok, break in the action here (for me, anyway).
Here's a quick roundup of what I've learned so far:
- Bon Appetit magazine has someone here.
- Met David E. Davis, icon of automotive journalism
- First press conference was Lexus, who introduced the completely sublime LS600hL hybrid mega-luxury sedan. Full details in a post later tonight.
- Next up was Acura, who unveiled the production RDX compact ute and the new MDX in concept form. Both are impressive. The surprise came last, however, when they pulled the wraps off their 2007 American Le Mans Series racer, which is going to give Porsche and Dyson headaches in the LMP2 class. Pics later tonight...
- At Ford, a fantastic presentation, capped off by two Hertz Mustangs roaring onstage. One, a classic Shelby GT350H, the other, the 2007 Ford Shelby GT-H...a 500-car limited edition that will be available for rental at Hertz outlets. Oh, and Carroll Shelby was there, too. Pics tonight.
- Saturn introduced the three new vehicles I discussed yesterday, and they are fantastic-looking. Bob Lutz was very enthused.
- A few minutes ago, Jeep unveiled the new 4-Door Wrangler in very messy fashion, with the aid of some of New York's Bravest.
- In 20 minutes I'm headed to the Bentley stand to see the Continental GTC reveal.
- There's more. Check back in tonight. Looks like most posting is going to happen in the evening. I was fortunate to get on this workstation.