Monday, January 16, 2006

Photoblogging: Jaguar Mk 2 in Paris

Back in September 2004, I had to go to Paris on business. I planned the trip out to include a Saturday stay so that I could get a less expensive airfare. The upside of this was that I had one and a half days to myself. Following the recommendations of a colleague who knew Paris well, I hoofed it. I'm a native New Yorker, so the walking is no biggie, and I know how to find my way.

Paris is a great walking city, with all the character you would expect it to have. The grid is pretty straightforward, and most hotels have perfectly adequate walking maps that make it easy to see where you are and where you want to go.

It was a beautiful day on my final Saturday in the city, and I was lucky enough to happen upon this pretty old Jaguar Mk2 parked in front of a cafe during my travels. I love cars, so I had to capture it.

What I like about this first photo is that you get a great look at the car, which is the obvious subject of the picture, but if you take a second to look at the whole picture, it becomes apparent where it is. The street signs on the buildings, the French flag in the background. There are clues there. I also like how the row of scooters parked next to the car is reflected in its paint. I'm happy with how it came out, considering it was something I bent down and snapped very quickly.

You can download a higher-res version of it here.

This next photo is of the same car. I just went for a closer detail shot, focusing primarily on the grille, lights, and "leaper" on the hood. I'm very happy with how this one came out.

Again, you can view and download higher-res versions of this photo here.

Finally, the last photo is a rear view. It does show of the car's lines nicely in my opinion, but this photo is a bit disappointing for me due to the amount of glare reflecting off the trunk. It almost fully obscures the badging above the rear license plate. If you look right above the bumper on the passenger side of the car, you can see the "MK 2" badge, though. For the sake of being complete, I've included it in this post.

Again, higher-res versions can be viewed and downloaded here.

I hope you enjoy the photos, and I do welcome your feedback. If you are a jaguar aficionado who can tell me the model year, I'd love to know it. Thanks!

Photos Copyright 2004 Alex Nunez, All Rights Reserved.